Now in its third year is the Wearable Technology Show 2016, which takes place at London’s ExCeL on 15th – 16th, March 2016. Being held at the same time and co-located is the Augmented Reality & VR Show 2016 featuring two days of talks on virtual reality (VR) and AR fro industry insiders. Details of what will be discussed has now been revealed.
On Tuesday 15th, March the conference will begin at 10:30 am GMT with a couple of short opening keynotes (that have yet to be announced). Then the day will continue as follows:
- Keynote Address: Mobile VR – Turning Social Networks into Sociable Networks by Julian Price, Chief Marketing Officer, Starship
- An Introduction to Smart Eyewear – Several of the leading protagonists in AR eyewear present their smart glasses and discuss what is possible for both consumers and the enterprise with these new mobile computing platforms.
- Enterprise: Real World Use Cases – ViewAR presents the potential of depth sensing cameras for AR on the example of Lufthansa Cargo mobile scanning system.
Alexander Hage, Senior Project Manager in the Technology & Innovation department, Lufthansa Cargo, Markus Meixner, CTO, ViewAR
- Epson Moverio Presentation – Valerie Riffaud-Cangelosi, European Marketing Director, Epson
- App Case Study on Creating web-based VR for car interior preview by Markiyan Matsekh, Product Manager, Mobility & Wearables, Eleks
Wednesday 16th, March will feature:
- Innovations with Augmented Reality: shared efficiencies in business through internal and external application – with Scott Hope, Commercial Director at AR Experiential Ltd
- Augmented Reality in the third dimension – new technologies mapping the real-world – Philipp Nagele, CTO, Wikitude
- VR – Where Are We Now?
- A look at how virtual reality is evolving and in particular, how it dovetails with AR to offer users a truly immersive environment. Featuring panalists: Corey Rosemond, Worldwide Business Director, Plantronics, Lukas Kinigadner, MD, Anyline, Dr Simon Taylor, Research Director, Zappar, Andy Nye, CEO, Artifact AR
- Enterprise Case Studies
- Companies working within AR will showcase cutting edge technologies and present how their solutions are being deployed within enterprise applications. Participating Companies : Arman Atoyan, CEO, AR Loopa, Mauro Rubin, Founder, Joinpad, Thomas Perpere, Director of Sales and Marketing, Diotasoft, Niklas Rengfors, Head of Sales and Marketing, XM Reality
VRFocus will continue to follow any further updates from the Augmented Reality & VR Show 2016, reporting back the latest announcements.