Monstrum v1.2.1 Oculus Rift Update is live
Developer Team Junkfish recently revealed its version 1.2 update to its survival horror experience Monstrum. The update meant beta support was now available for the Oculus Rift virtual reality (VR) head-mounted display (HMD) but with fixes still to be made. Now with v1.2.1 the developer has started to fix some of those issues.
The update includes two Oculus Rift updates as well as none VR adjustments, to improve the gameplay for players.
The full update change log for V1.2.1 – beta update is shown below:
Opting-in to the Monstrum Beta
- Right-click Monstrum in Steam library and select “Properties”
- Go to “Betas”
- Select “public_beta” from the dropdown
- Vertex Lit Rendering mode for non-oculus and oculus mode
- The ability to lock and unlock the players head in oculus mode
- Fixed items disappearing in hands when paused
- Game over screen should always be in correct position now
- Occasional crash in the engine room (DX11 related)
Monstrum is a first-person horror experience that places players on a derelict cargo ship. Players must explore that ship, searching for an escape route. The title features a permadeath system, so that, when players are caught and killed by enemies on board, they’ll have to start over from scratch. The ship is also procedurally generated, meaning that players will have to navigate through new ships every time they restart.
VRFocus will continue to follow Monstrum‘s progress, reporting back with the latest updates from Team Junkfish on the project.