UK-based indie developer Viewpoint Games announced today its latest update for the virtual reality (VR) title VR Karts. The title which supports the Oculus Rift head-mounted display (HMD), will get a range of improvements and fixes.
The videogame which is currently in Steam Early Access, now gets multiplayer added, along customisation options and graphical improvements which will all be shown at EGX, in Birmingham, UK later this month. Below is a brief rundown for what players can expect from the 2.0 update.
- Online Multiplayer Beta – Supports up to 8 Players per room
- Upgraded Graphics
- New FTUE / Tutorial – Allows players new to VR Karts to get accustomed to the controls before racing
- AI Improvements
- Additional Audio
- Subtitles Added
- A brand new “Customise” area has been added to the game allowing players to create their own unique Kart and Racer
- Kart colours
- Helmet Colours
- Racer colours
- Boost Trail colour
- Horns (to taunt your opponents)
- Racer Props
- Helmet props (E.g. Hats and Boppers)
- Visor Props (Sunglasses etc.)
On top that Viewpoint Games has also updated the Google Cardboard version of the game – VR Karts: GP allowing players to reconfigure the gameplay controls, enabling many more controllers to be compatible with the game. No additional updates have been mentioned for Viewpoint Games other spin off title VR Karts: Sprint which is for the Samsung Gear VR HMD, but VRFocus will continue to follow all the latest announcements from the developer on its VR Karts titles.