The Digital Hollywood Fall which takes place in October, features several days of talks around virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR), to be held at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Marina Del Rey, California. Digital Hollywood has now opened up nominations for “Best of in VR-AR-Immersive Entertainment.”
Looking to honour companies involved in film, TV, videogames, mobile and technology work in VR and AR, Digital Hollywood has 11 categories to choose from. They are:
- Best in VR Storytelling – The Narrative Experience
- Best in VR Gaming – Entertainment Experience – VR-AR-Immersive
- Best in Storytelling in Advertising – VR-AR-Immersive
- Best in Live VR Broadcast – News, Sports, Music, Special Event
- Best in Technology Innovation – VR – AR – Holography – Interactive
- Best in User Interface – Navigating the Experience – AR-VR-Immersive
- Best in Music Experience – VR – Music Video – 180 Video
- Best in Kids Entertainment Experience – VR-AR-Game-IoT
- Best in Animation – in VR-AR-Immersive-Out of Home
- Best in Total Immersive – From Theme Park to Domes
- Best in VR-AR Retail Advertisement – Branded Entertainment
The deadline for the “Best of” submissions is the 18th September, those wishing to nominate a company or project can do so here.
The evening event will feature various VIP commentators including, Grant Anderson, Head of Studio – JauntVR, Aaron Luber, Head of Partnerships – Google Cardboard, Ted Schilowitz, Futurist and VR explorer at 20th Century FOX, Nathan Burba, co-founder & CEO – Survios, Neville Spiteri, co-founder and CEO – WEVR, Peter Levin, President Lionsgate Interactive Ventures & Games and Andy Cochrane, Interactive and New Media Director, Special Projects Lead, Mirada Studios.
VRFocus will be reporting on all the latest announcements from Digital Hollywood Fall this October.