Today developer Studio Wildcard has announced a brand new list of patches for ARK: Survival Evolved. The current version of ARK: Survival Evolved is v210.3, with the next version releasing today being v211.0. Whilst there are no virtual reality (VR) additions in V211.0, in the next patch v212.0, the Oculus Rift head-mounted display (HMD) is receiving a fix.
What Oculus Rift support it’s fixing isn’t clear, but it maybe due to the recent Oculus software development kit (SDK) update to 0.7. Listed below are the current patch notes provided by Studio Wildcard on its discussions page on Steam.
Upcoming Version: v211.0 – ETA: 6:30 AM EST Deployment
- Switching to direct UDP socket connections rather than Steam P2P for significantly increased server network performance and stability!
- Fixed issue with Flyers potentially disappearing/sinking into water
- Fixed various Raft exploits…
- Fixed shouldered Monkey scaling issue
- Fixed swimmers/flyers taking damage when the server gets stalled (during a save, etc)
- Fixed issue where Flyers couldn’t drop someone or attack after carrying them
- Fixed ragdolls possibly falling thru the floor when players die by hitting the ground from a large height
- Fixed Dino Inverse Kinematics getting bonkers wonky at low Server FPS
- Fixed the last (hopefully!) issue that could make Shouldered Monkeys disappear
- Added a [ServerSettings] server option “?PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier=1.0” that can be used to increase the limit of structures on dynamic platforms. Beware, increasing this value could affect server performance!
- Page-Scrolled Chatbox will now stay scrolled even if new chat messages arrive
* Structures placed on dynamic platforms (Saddle/Raft) no longer have a “Max Height Above World” limit (i.e. allows building on Rafts over deep sea).
Upcoming Version: v212.0
- New Feature: Custom Inventory Folders, on any Inventory. ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! <3
- New Structures: Powered Elevator Structures
- New Structures: Controllable Primitive Harpoon Ballista to place on structures and on the backs of your dinos (which damage stone structures at primitive tech level!)
- New Item: Plesiosaurus Platform Saddle! It’s time to build your dino submarine bases, survivors!
- Server VAC
- Fixed Oculus Rift VR support
- Reduced Ptero Barrel Roll damage by 33% and increased its stamina cost by 90%
This list isn’t exhaustive with the developer stating that more notes are still to come. The videogame is aiming for a full launch on PC in June 2016, and Studio Wildcard show no signs of slowing up on the updates for ARK: Survival Evolved.
No details have released on when v212.0 will be launched but, VRFocus will continue to follow the title closely, reporting back with any further updates on VR support.