The 22nd annual NextMed/MMVR: Medicine Meets Virtual Reality event is set to take place 7th – 9th April 2016, and today the organisers have issued a call for speakers at the event. For over 2 decades NextMed/MMVR has focused an international research community aiming to transform technological innovation into more precise and effective healthcare, and are now inviting new participants to in its sharing, learning, and doing.
Since the first Medicine Meets Virtual Reality in 1992, this conference has facilitated collaboration among engineers, physicians, scientists, educators, industry, students, military and futurists from around the world. Their shared goal is more intelligent patient care and medical education that utilizes the most recent IT advances. At NextMed/MMVR22, technologists and clinicians, developers and end-users will collaborate on solutions to current healthcare challenges to promote more effective solutions. The 2016 call for presentations is now open, and the Organizing Committee welcomes researchers to share progress in the following categories:
- Medical simulation and modeling
- Data visualization and fusion
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Imaging devices and methods
- Robotics, haptics, sensors
- Human-computer interfaces
- Data and decision networks, AI, mobile health
- Wearable and implantable electronics
- Projection systems
- Learning and technology
- Simulator design and validation
- Physical and mental rehabilitation tools
- Serious games
- Surgical registration and navigation
- Peri-operative guidance
- Remote and battlefield care
- Patient and public health monitoring and education
Lectures, posters, independent sessions and demonstrations offer a variety of ways to present current accomplishments. The general submission deadline is 5th October 2015, and interested parties should view the Presentation Logistics for details on how you can participate.
NextMed/MMVR22 will take place 7th – 9th April 2016, at the Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel Los Angeles, California. VRFocus will keep you updated with all the latest details on NextMed/MMVR22 and other virtual reality (VR) events set to take place next year.