Listed below is a changelog of the improvements, features and fixes that Shovsoft have added to the 6.0.1 update, including improved support and compatibility for the Oculus Rift DK2 head-mounted display (HMD):
- Now Ported to Unity 5 Native VR (DX11)
- Direct Mode is now the recommended way to run the game (Extended Not Tested, soon redundant with coming 0.7 Runtime)
- Physics Sim now runs at 75FPS to match Render Rate (Physics is not interpolated), Feels Super Smooth! NOTE: Old Replay Files will play too fast!
- Velocity Stretched Particles are now manually managed to prevent sub frame stutters
- An Oculus Preset GFX setting will be applied by default. Based on my R9 290X, feel free to adjust the settings based on your own hardware.
- Cockpit Shadows are now working again for the 1st time since the DK1 version!
- Render Scale is set at 1.25% for a little Super Sampling
- Weather is set to Clear on Mars pending a better cloud rendering implementation how ever you can change it to a different setting if you want.
- Rewired Input Manager is implemented but there is no UI yet in VR mode. Stop the Runtime via the Config Utility and run the game in None VR 2D mode to access the new Input Configuration (Saitek HOTAS should work now) Once configure restart the Runtime
- XBox Controllers and almost any Dual Stick gamepad should work by default.
Lunar Flight let players experience a fully fictionalized and accessible lunar module simulator providing a variety of mission types involving transporting cargo, acquiring data at survey locations and locating lost cargo. Successful missions earn experience points and money to be used to refuel, repair and upgrade the lunar module.
VRFocus will continue to report any further updates on Lunar Flight as Shovsoft announces them.